Study after study shows that as homes become tighter and more energy efficient, more contaminants become trapped inside.
The average person spends about 90% of his/her time indoors. The air we breathe in our homes is loaded with pollutants like:
- Tobacco Smoke
- Pet hair dander
- Lung Damaging Dust
- Dust Mites
- Disease-Causing bacteria and viruses
Considering the typical throwaway furnace filter only traps about 5-15%of these polluting particles and that the slightest traces of pollutants can trigger miserable reactions for allergy sufferers, you need serious help.
Attic fans help remove extreme hot air in the attic when temperatures are high. These units are thermostatically controlled, so it automatically turns on when temperatures rise. Attic fans:
- Remove excess heat from top level of building
- Helps lower heating bills
- Helps reduce heat infiltration to lower levels
Improve your comfort and save energy now!
To make your home as comfortable as possible, you need to add moisture to the air. Doing so reduces:
- Dry Skins
- Keeps furniture and your home from drying out
- Dry throat
- Static shocks
- And increase energy efficiency
It’s become well known that a home with moisture feels warmer than a dry home, even at lower temperature settings, Call us to install a humidifier to increase your comfort.
Programmable thermostats basically work the same way as the digital manual ones, but they are far more convenient. Once you program the thermostat to customize the system’s operation to fit your lifestyle and schedule, all you have to do is relax and let it do all the work. To stay comfortable and save energy all season, you simply program into its memory the temperatures you need, at what time of the day. You only need to program your thermostat once – until the season or your lifestyle changes.
Depending on the model, a thermostat can be programmed in one of four ways:
- 1-day programming: The desired temperature can be set to change throughout the day
- 5-2-days programming: Like above, and you can have separate programs for weekdays and weekends
- 5-1-1-days programming: Like above, and you can have separate programs for weekdays, Saturday and Sunday
- 7-days programming: Like above, and you can have separate programs for each day of the week
What are the benefits of using a thermostat?
Energy savings – Instead of running your heater or furnace 24-7, a thermostat turns it on only when it is needed to maintain the desired temperature. If you have a programmable thermostat, you can program it to turn the heat down when you do not need it. Programming temperatures around 63F on cold winter nights, when you’re snuggled under blankets, can help you save as much as 30% on your heating costs. You can save even more by programming your system to “setback” the temperature when your family is away at work, at school, or on vacation.
Convenience – Instead of heading towards your furnace every time you need to tweak the temperature up or down, you can place a thermostat at a convenient spot.